Monday, August 11, 2014

My kingdom for a bike-sized umbrella!

Mick and I are sheltering under the pavilion we slept under last night, waiting for the rain to ease off to start pedaling. The little trickle of a stream in the park last night has now become a raging torrent, I check on it every so often to see if it has burst its banks yet. 
The beauty of slowing down and doing 50-60 mile days is that you can afford to stay in camp until 8, or 9, or 10 since there isn't as much of a hurry. Mick is writing his journal (he hopes to turn it into a book, eventually). I am reading my kindle, and we both wait as the rain appears to lessen a bit. If not, we might end up sleeping in the pavilion tonight as well. 

In other news, this tour might be changing from "Malcolm bikes across America" to "Malcolm breweries across America". There's so many microbreweries, and they are great! Mick is more of a wine guy than me, and Virginia has a lot of wineries, so we may also go through a lot of those. 

Life is good, touring with a companion again is fantastic (I can't believe I biked alone for around 40 days), and I'm now prolonging this as long as I can. The end is gazing straight at me, but I can still hide from it for a while. 

Love, 
Malcolm 

No comments:

Post a Comment