Friday, July 11, 2014

Wyoming, aka thunderstorm land

Wyoming is coming to an end! I am sitting in a McDonalds in Rawlins, poaching their Internet and recharging all my stuff. I camped 16 miles out of town last night, on some BLM land right off the highway. Due to it thundering all afternoon, my bags and I got covered in red dirt. Biking this morning I met some other tourers, who asked if I was doing to continental devide (probably due to my nasty scruffle, dirt coated panniers, and overall hobo-ish appearance. I wasn't sure if I should feel badass or disgusted with myself.

The last day Hunter and I spent together we kayaked on Jenny lake, went hiking somewhere up one of the Tetons (I was barefoot - bad idea), and braved countless Mosquitos (Hunter perfected the single-hand smash).

I lost my cycling computer somewhere in Hunter's car, which actually has been quite nice. I'm not constantly checking my speed, and it's a great feeling not actually knowing the mileage I'm doing. Biking has become a much more meditative process.

Today's goal is to get to Colorado!
Signing off.
Love,
Malcolm

No comments:

Post a Comment