Thursday, August 7, 2014

Off to a bad start

I just had he worst nights sleep this whole trip, so the next two days don't bode well. Let me explain:
First, the bivy was great for the cold western nights, but when it's 80 all night, it becomes a sweltering sauna. Also, it offers 0 protection against any kind of insect, as I have to leave it pulled down to my waist for even a semblance of air flow. Problem is, there's always a chance of rain, and I'd rather be safe and not get poured on. 
I went to bed at 8, tossed and turned and swatted Mosquitos for the first hour or two until he sun went down and the temperature lowered until slightly over bearable, and fell asleep around 10:30. Woke up sweating and itchy everywhere at 12:30, and that's when the neighborhood loose dogs started showing up. One of them literally barked from 12:30 to 3:00 (I checked the time constantly), and then they started wandering around, and in fear of them getting pissed off at me / trying to eat my food I took refuge on the nearest playground drawbridge. Needless to say, it took me another hour to fall asleep. I was planning on waking up at 5, but after waking up at 4:30 and realizing I only had two and a half hours of sleep, I decided to luxuriously sleep in until 6. 
It's gonna be a rough day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment