Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Malcolm, your friendly Kansas weather expert

Did I mention how hot it is here?
Yesterday, we had a heat index of 115, and today it's a balmy 96 (feels like it's 104!). Boy am I glad to be inside a library. I made the mistake of starting around 7:30 this morning, and was biking shirtless within a few minutes. Some nice dude in a van was driving by in the opposite direction, stopped, and wordlessly handed me a huge chilled powerade he had obviously just purchased for himself. Some people are angels.
Tomorrow, wake up time is 4am! (if I get a good nights sleep - going to sleep in the Eureka city park tonight. Hopefully the temperature will drop below 90 sometime before midnight)

I can't seem to find a memory card plug-in to this thing, so I'm giving up on showing you pictures of fields (because I know you all reaaaaally want to experience Kansas after my last thrilling post).

Here is my to do list for the rest of the day:
1) Go shopping (If you thought I was a bottomless pit before, I'm sorry. I can't find a metaphor to describe my hunger at this point)
2) Find the city park
3) Hope the city park has a pool
4) Weasel my way into said pool by any means necessary, and stay there until they physically throw me out
5) Eat
6) Pray the weather cools down fast
7) Sleep, and have sweet dreams about all of you.
8) Wake up tomorrow, realize I have nothing to do but bike for the next month
9) Be incredibly happy
10) Bike

No comments:

Post a Comment